Monday, September 26, 2011

D8P5: Couch to 5k and Community

I took a break from workouts this weekend to go on a vacay with the Hubster. We celebrated another anniversary and it was lovely. Although I planned to do a run on Saturday morning, I ended up skipping it and so I've decided to do another week 1 of the couch to 5k program just to be on the extra thorough side. What I'm most proud of myself for is that I did not go overboard on vacation, despite the strong inclination I have to do so. I ordered sensible vegetarian (though not vegan, to my detriment quesadillas left me feeling super gassy) meals, and I stuck to decent though not as small as usual portion sizes.

Community has been my sticking point these last few days.
I did join sparkpeople, and I solicited a friend about blogs and website that I should follow to start developing a bunch of online accountability buddies, but because I had a vacation weekend I didn't go very deep on this. I typically have a busy day at work, and usually I'm not in the mood for much internet at the end of it (well, the occasional fashion blog to prepare for the great shop off when I reach my goal...) so I'm not sure how this community thing will work. I'm still thinking about joining TOPS, but I've yet to attend a meeting. At the end of the week, I'm going to make my next big goal to establish some community. This week's big goal is to solidify my habit of exercise and eating SLOW. New goal is to listen to my hypnosis tape every morning when I wake up. I'd like to try to do this every day for at least a month, so this will officially be day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment