Thursday, September 22, 2011

D3P3: Couch to 5k and Pistachios

Day two of couch to 5k, I thought it was going to be terrible because I had a fight with hubster this morning and was in a bad mood and I was too sleepy to get out of bed early for it. It wasn't too bad though, actually much of the same, with the added benefit of being slightly easier because I'd done it before. Same route, 2.2 miles.

Where do the pistachios come in? Last night! I had resolved not to bring pistachios in the house because they are one of the foods that I get carried away with (despite being on the healthy end of the foods I get carried away with scale). But last night I was STARVING after work (weird because I did have lunch) and so when I met the hubster at our grocery I picked up what I thought would be a healthy snack...ok who are we kidding I was in full on binge mode...



BUT the delightful hubster was kind enough to ask to have a few pistachios before I finished the bag, which I took to be a kind gesture of putting an end to the binge whilst it was still going strong. I just couldn't do it on my own despite trying a few times to PUT.DOWN.THE.BAG. I don't know if that was his intention, but part of me thinks it was, and it was a totally sweet and non-embarrassing way to give me a helping hand! Thank-you dear hubster!

No comments:

Post a Comment